Acorn. Spaghetti. Butternut. Green. Yellow. I need all the squash!
Who’s ready for a fun and easy fall recipe?
This is actually a great idea if you are hosting Thanksgiving because it is so pretty and can be used to serve soup is you are feeling fancy!!
Acorn Squash Thanksgiving Side Dish or Fancy Soup Bowls
What we need:
- acorn squash
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- brown sugar
What do to:
- Cut in half.
- Scoop out seeds and guts. (I definitely keep the seeds and bake them with a little salt for a crunchy snack!)
- Sprinkle each half with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil.
- Flip so that the squash is face down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake again but this time face up for another 15 to 20 minutes.
I served these beautiful little side pieces just as they came out. Put a little butter on top and ate it just like a baked potato would.
I kept them in their skin because they just look so great. So fall and festive. Soooo Thanksgiving 🙂
I wish I would have thought to make soup. The presentation would look awesome serving a nice hot soup in a half of an acorn squash!