Omg. Can you believe the first month of the new year is halfway over?!
I have been taking some time to unplug and it feels amazing.
New Year’s is an excuse to make a fresh start. I really wanted to give myself a good set up for this upcoming year. A clean slate. And a chance to really let go of the things in 2018.
Here are some of my goals for 2019…
- Get organized – it is really hard for me to STAY organized. I get overwhelmed really easily and tend to let things go until things like my closet are a complete disaster and I have now made more work for myself 🙂
- Working out – This is kind of a 2 part goal. I started a 12 week workout challenge to get healthier. But this is about taking time for myself. Even though I am working out at home… (usually have one, if not both, of my kids trying to climb and sit all over me). Regardless, setting aside time for my health.
- Unplug – taking time to find more quiet activities. Putting the phone away on the charger after a certain time. Such a great feeling!
- Lose the mom/dad guilt – Parenting is hard enough. You never know if the decisions you are making are right or wrong until they pan out. Being responsible for little humans on a 24/7 basis is scary! And exhausting 🙂 We don’t need to make it even harder by beating ourselves up.
- Read more – for fun!! I really am not a big reader but every time I get into a book I forget how much I enjoy it!
I know this is probably the most random list of goals and resolutions. But I think even just taking the time to reflect on what you want to change in your life is a good thing. Even if you don’t follow through the entire year. Because let’s be realistic, I probably won’t even remember my own list. But also in 6 months, or even 3, your goals might change!
It is not too late to set your intentions for the new year!!!!!