The Un-Rules of Summer.
So it’s been a while since I have done a mommy ramble. Life has been so busy!
Let’s catch up! My daughter is now 4 years old!!! And in just a few days my son is turning 3! I know it’s so cliche but SERIOUSLY, where does the time go???
It’s so crazy to think about when I first started this blog in 2015. It will be 3 years in August. I had just given birth to my second child, my son. My daughter was just 15 months old. I was officially outnumbered, overwhelmed, and the tired mom of 2 under 2! (Here’s my very first post, https://talesofatiredmom.com/2016/08/06/struggle-is-real/ )
Now I have two toddlers, been a stay at home for almost 2 years, definitely still overwhelmed and definitely still TIRED!
Every summer, I make a bucket list. This year is a little different. This summer we rule the summer by un-ruling it all. Yes.
The Un-Rules of Summer
- Repeat after me. I will lower my standards on all fronts.
- I don’t care about the never ending pile of towels and laundry. It will be there and building all summer long.
- We will take so many trips to the beach, bay, and playgrounds that there will always be sand inside the house.
- I will try to remember to put on shoes when I leave the house.
- I will pray I don’t get pulled over in my bathing suit.
- Frozen pizza and cereal now counts as both a dinner and breakfast item.
- Remind yourself to have a beautiful day or ending by watching at least one sunrise and sunset this summer.
- Making forts counts as making your bed.
- Go on as many adventures and day trips and find as many new places as you can.
- Have lazy days.
Soak in all the summer magic you can.