Cinco de Mayo Food Ideas. Because any excuse to eat mexican food is perfectly fine by me.
So we just found out today that school is cancelled for the rest of the year in New Jersey. I am super upset about it. So tomorrow, I really think having a little Cinco de Mayo theme party for the day will be fun!
So based on what I have going on in my pantry and fridge right now, here are my ideas to celebrate.
- Lots and lots of tortilla chips.
2. Homemade Guacamole – We made sure to grab a bag of avocados on our last grocery trip. Avocados, minced garlic, finely chopped tomatoes and red onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a little crushed red pepper.
3. Mexican Bean Dip – Super simple. Layer cream cheese on the bottom, spread smashed black beans (Season how you like; sometimes I use taco seasoning, sometimes just cumin and spices.) and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and serve with chips!
4. Shrimp Tacos – Just saute some frozen shrimp and onions. You can definitely add some peppers too. Throw in some hard taco shells. Top with cheese or anything you like.
5. Chicken or plain cheese Quesadillas – I do have some chicken I am thinking about shredding. But also I love a good plain cheesy quesadilla. Dipped in sour cream of course.
Cinco de Mayo Food Ideas
My easiest appetizer idea for Cinco de Mayo are my Fresh Guacamole Plantain Cups… https://talesofatiredmom.com/2018/03/08/fresh-guacamole-plantain-cups/
All that’s missing is some festive decorations! On to the next mission.